DEMI LOVATO THANKS FANS FOR THEIR SUPPORT
Demi Lovato has thanked her fans for their support in light of the passing of her dog Buddy. Demi took to Instagram to show gratitude to her fans for helping her get through "the most painful week" of her life. She wrote, "We can't thank you all enough. This has been the most painful week of my life but because Wilmer and I had so much love and support, I've been able to stay strong and will continue to get through this difficult time. The out pour of love and support has been unbelievable and it means the world to us. Love you all tons and tons..."
Demi previously revealed the tragic news, saying, "We are absolutely heartbroken to be writing this but Wilmer and I are devastated to inform you that we lost our little angel Buddy last Sunday. He was taken from us way too soon in a tragic accident and though I will never know why this had to happen, I do know that God only puts us through situations that we can handle so with that, together we are staying strong. We have incredible people around us and so much love and support which is holding us up in this time of need. Buddy was loved by so many people and as small as he was, he made a huge impact in our lives. He truly was human in a way and we were so blessed to have him in our lives."
Back to top
- Demi's dog was apparently mauled by a coyote.
ZAYN MALIK IS PROUD OF ONE DIRECTION
Zayn Malik is proud of his former bandmates. One Direction released their new single "Drag Me Down" this past weekend and Zayn is a fan of the record. Zayn took to Twitter and said, "Proud of my boys the new single is sick. Big love. :) x."
Back to top
- Zayn previously announced that he has signed to RCA Records as a solo artist, saying, "I guess I never explained why I left, it was for this moment to be given the opportunity to show you who i really am! #realmusic #RCA!!"
ASHLEE SIMPSON AND EVAN ROSS WELCOME THEIR FIRST CHILD
Ashlee Simpson and Evan Ross have welcomed their first child. Ashlee uploaded a post to Instagram, revealing their new daughter's name. She said, "We are overjoyed about the birth of our precious baby girl Jagger Snow Ross July 30 2015." This is Evan's first child, however, Ashlee has a six-year-old son named Bronx with Fall Out Boy bassist Pete Wentz.
Back to top
- Evan and Ashlee have been together since 2013.
BOBBY BROWN'S SISTER KICKED OUT OF BOBBI KRISTINA'S FUNERAL
Bobby Brown's sister Leolah Brown was kicked out of Bobbi Kristina's funeral on Saturday (August 1st) in Atlanta. According to TMZ, an eyewitness said that Pat Houston was getting ready to speak when Leolah started to screaming, "Pat you know you are wrong for this!" Security came and escorted Leolah out, followed by Tyler Perry.
Leolah told the cameras that Pat will be haunted by the ghost of Whitney. She said, "Whitney will haunt Pat Houston from the grave. She will haunt her. Pat, it's not over. It has just begun . . . I say that because I have information, I have evidence, I have knowledge of who Pat really is. . . . She's not even a Houston . . . Its gonna be a long drawn out thing, trust me. It's not over. I'll be doing interviews and I'll be telling the truth about Pat Houston."
- Nick Gordon was not at service. Meanwhile, several members of the Brown family are upset that Pat Houston solicited funds for flowers instead of charity.
BOBBY BROWN'S WIFE RUSHED TO THE HOSPITAL
In other news, Bobby Brown's wife Alicia Etheredge was rushed to the hospital shortly after attending Bobbi Kristina's funeral. She was suffering seizures in the family's hotel room in an ambulance. Back to top
JESY NELSON OF LITTLE MIX TALKS ENGAGEMENT PLANS
Jesy Nelson from Little Mix is engaged and talking wedding plans. Jesy opened up about her recent proposal to Jake Roche of Rixton and told MTV, "I had my back turned to Ed Sheeran and the girls were like, 'Jess, Jess' and then I turned around and he sang mine and Jake's song, 'Tenerife Sea.' And as soon as he sang that, I just balled."
As far as the wedding, she said, "I want to start planning soon, but I don’t know if I’ll have time…"
Back to top
- Jesy added, "We've spoken about marriage but I never thought that it was going to happen, not today! It sounds so strange but it felt like the feeling of when we won The X Factor."
MEL B'S DAUGHTER WANTS A SPICE GIRLS REUNION
Mel B has revealed that her daughter is pushing for a Spice Girls reunion. During an appearance on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, the former Spice Girl said, "She’s been like the champion of this. Like 'Mum, you girls have to do Coachella.'" Mel then said, "But I want us to get back together! I think we should. It’s been 20 years. It’s about time."
Back to top
- The Spice Girls' last performance was at the 2012 Olympic closing ceremony in London.
PAUL McCARTNEY & RINGO STARR SALUTE SINGER CILLA BLACK
Surviving Beatles Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr saluted singer Cilla Black -- one of their oldest friends and an original member of manger Brian Epstein’s NEMS creative stable. Black, who was beloved in her native England, was known in the States primarily for her Beatles connection. Black, who died at age 72 of presumably natural causes, was born Priscilla White, and discovered in Liverpool’s legendary Cavern Club, were she was employed as the coat check girl.
Black, who only scored a modest 1964 Top 30 U.S. hit with "You’re My World," was a British institution, scoring numerous hits, most produced and arranged by George Martin, including "Anyone Who Had A Heart, and "Alfie." She also was the recipient of three John Lennon and Paul McCartney originals; 1963’s "Love Of The Loved," 1964's "It’s For You," and 1968’s "Step Inside Love" -- which served as the theme song to her 1968 British TV show Cilla.
Back to top
- Paul McCartney saluted Black in a statement saying: "Such a shock to hear about Cilla's passing. She was a lovely girl who infected everyone with her great spirit. From first meeting her as a cloakroom girl at the Cavern in Liverpool, to seeing her many times since, she always had a fun loving dignity that made her a great pleasure to be around. She had a fine distinctive voice and was always a bit of a laugh. It was a privilege to know and love her."
- Ringo Starr added: "I just heard the news Cilla Black has left us she was a good friend we will all miss her peace to Cilla peace and love to the family R&B xxx."
PETE TOWNSHEND: 'I'M DOING THIS TOUR IN MY SLEEP'
Pete Townshend admitted that the Who’s current tour is pretty much a cakewalk for him. During a lengthy chat with Mojo magazine, Townshend was asked why he hasn’t done more solo work and after explaining how much blood and sweat peers like Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Paul Simon, and Sting put into their tours, Townshend said, "The get behind their work, and the way they do that is they tour, and I don’t want to tour. The reason I can do it with the Who is that I don’t even do half the work! I’m doing this tour in my sleep, it’s so easy you can’t imagine. Roger (Daltrey), on the other hand, is struggling, battling, fighting, unsure as to whether he’s going to be able to get through the gig."
Townshend went on to say, "I go out and play a few chords, go like this (windmills his arm) a few times, and everybody thinks I’m a genius. I jump up and drown and they say, ‘Oh, look, he’s so fit!’ It’s very easy to do. The difficult bit is being stuck in a hotel somewhere for a few days longer than you might like and getting bored with the room service -- Jesus , it’s a hard life!"
Back to top
- Pete Townshend told us that he's constantly able to find ways to bring something new out of the Who's music and his performance: "No, I don't get bored with the Who show, but it is like Groundhog Day. We go out and it's like 'how can I make this different, how can I make this special.' And partly that's what I rise to, is trying to do something where I may push myself to higher heights each night and do whatever it is that I'm doing. Whether I can whirl my arm a couple of miles-an-hour faster than the night before, or hopefully play better music."
- The Who kicks off its next North American leg on September 14th at San Diego, California's Valley View Casino Center.
CHRISTOPHER CROSS SET FOR SUMMER AND FALL DATES
Christopher Cross has a string of upcoming North American dates popping up this summer and fall. His most recent album, 2014’s Secret Ladder, features contributions from Late Show with David Letterman bassist Will Lee, famed Beach Boys sideman, keyboardist Gary Griffin, and Paul McCartney’s longtime drummer, Abe Laboriel, Jr.
Cross is best remembered for his early '80s hits such as "Sailing," "Ride Like The Wind," and "Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)." Between 1980 and 1983, Cross scored eight Top 40 hits, and won the Grammy for Best New Artist in 1980.
Back to top
- Back in 2011, Christopher Cross returned with the critically acclaimed, Doctor Faith album. Unlike most artists who pocket most of their advance for a new album, Cross actually put it towards the album's budget for studio time and paying session players: "The guitars and vocals and things were done in my Pro-Tools studio at home, by (laughs) the drums weren't. The drums were done at Capitol (Studios) B, with 24 mics on a vintage Neve (console). So, the drums were done at Capitol B (laughs) you're never going to get a drum sound anywhere but someplace like that. The album has stings on it, y'know, 30 pieces, and so yeah, a $100,000 budget on the record and probably about 60 percent of it was what we did at Capitol-- drums and strings." :
August 8 - Meridian, MS - MSU Riley Center
August 15 - San Pedro Auditorium - Monterrey, Mexico
September 18 - Austin, TX - Paramount Theatre
September 26 - Larchwood, IA - Grand Falls Casino Resort
September 30 - Lake Buena Vista, FL - Disney World
October 1 - Lake Buena Vista, FL - Disney World
November 21 - Saint Charles, IL - Arcada Theatre
December 4 - Lake Jackson, TX - The Clarion at Brazosport College
JUSTIN BIEBER HITS THE STUDIO WITH FRENCH MONTANA AND MARIAH CAREY?: Should fans expect a Justin Bieber, French Montana and Mariah Carey collab in the near future? NYC's DJ Sussone posted a photo of the trio to Instagram this past weekend with a caption that said, "I hooked a few of my good friends up to work in the studio last night!! Stay tuned!!"
BEYONCE RELEASING A NEW VIDEO?: Is Beyonce releasing a new video? According to That Grape Juice via the U.K.'s Birmingham Mail, the singer will be dropping a new video and in the vid, she'll be wearing a pair of shoes from a company called House of Borgezie Princess Constellation. Chris Shellis -- the owner of store, said, "It’s the ultimate, Beyonce’s one of those fantasy customers. If you want someone to model your creations, you can’t get any better than Beyonce." He added, "I’ve been told the stilettos are for her next video which should be out in the autumn."
ARIANA GRANDE HAS MOVED ON TO VEGAN CUPCAKES: Ariana Grande has moved on from donuts to vegan cupcakes. According to Page Six, the singer was spotted at a bakery on the Upper East Side section of NYC, putting in an order for 100 vegan cupcakes.
ACTIVIST GROUP USES NICKI MINAJ'S 'ANACONDA' TO PROTEST POLLUTION: According to XXLmag.com, an Indian activist group named Jhatkaa has used Nicki Minaj's record "Anaconda" to protest pollution. The organization started a petition that protests exposing workers at Unilever’s Kodaikanal thermometer assembly plant to mercury poisoning. In an effort to raise awareness regarding the issue, the organization tapped Chennai-born rapper Sofia Ashraf to remake Nicki's record.
AVRIL LAVIGNE WANTS TO STAR IN MOVIES: Avril Lavigne may be adding actress to her resume. During a recent interview with Us Weekly, the singer hinted at appearing on big screen in the future. She said, "My next goal in life is moviemaking! I want to act in a Christmas movie, horror film, comedy, and more." Avril also said that acting is one of her passions and she "would love to meet Will Ferrell."
EMINEM OPENS UP ABOUT RECOVERING FROM DRUG ADDICTION: In an interview with Men's Journal, Eminem opened up about recovering from prescription pills back in 2009. He said, "In 2009, I overdosed on pills, and I went into the hospital was close to 230 pounds. I’m not sure how I got so big, but I have ideas. The coating on the Vicodin and the Valium I’d been taking for years leaves a hole in your stomach, so to avoid a stomachache, I was constantly eating—and eating badly." He also revealed how he lost 81 pounds, saying, "Seventeen miles a day on a treadmill. I would get up in the morning, and before I went to the studio, I would run eight and a half miles in about an hour. Then I’d come home and run another eight and a half. I started getting OCD about the calories, making sure I burned 2,000 every day. In the end I got down to about 149 pounds."
CHRIS BROWN'S BABY MAMA WANTS HIM TO HAVE SUPERVISED VISITATION: Chris Brown's baby mama Nia Guzman is asking a judge to only allow the singer to have supervised visitation with their one-year-old daughter Royalty. According to TMZ, Guzman recently filed legal docs, asking for full custody because she thinks Chris is too irresponsible to care for their daughter on his own. She also believes that he and his friends have substance abuse issues. Meanwhile, Chris thinks this is all a ploy to get more child support.
REPORT: KYLIE JENNER TO PAY TYGA'S BACK RENT: RadarOnline has reported that Kylie Jenner is set to pay $50,000 in back rent for Tyga. Tyga's ex-landlord has threatened to sue him for the amount if he didn't pay up. Kylie agreed to pay the back rent if Tyga moved in with her. Back to Top